Thursday, May 25, 2006

3 Weeks

But It feels like he's been here much longer. There are so many things I have learned even in that short amount of time. Respect for my parents has drastically increased. I feel like I've matured in a way that I could not have without Riley. Like just by having a baby I'm getting to experience a part of life that until now, I had not. It's like being part of a new club. Although I know no one else in it.

To elaborate on the topic of things I've learned about him...

1. He likes to eat dinner right as we are starting ours.

2. He loves music. It soothes him and often times will stop him from crying. That rocks. His favorite song right now is "Man of Constant Sorrow".

3. When the sun light hits his face he overextends his back and scrunches his face together real tight. And when he feels the wind on his face, his eyes get big and he makes a high pitched inhaling wheezing noise. So cute. Normally I wouldn't say anything is "cute" but in the case of my firstborn I feel it is appropriate.

4. He used to scream during his bath and come to find out it was because he likes his water pretty hot. We were conservative with the temperature before like all new parents I suppose. Now he only screams (sometimes) when we take him out of the hot water and the air feels cold to him. Definitely a summer baby. Oh yes.

5. He makes the sweetest sounds while he's feeding. I say it's because he's enjoying it so much. He eats a lot and very frequently. Typical traits of a Sammons boy.

6. His head smells like herbal green tea. With that ginseng stuff. I'm not sure if it's his bath soap or just his natural baby musk. But it's cute.

7. When he farts it sounds like I played a farting sound effect or sat on a woopie cushion. It's that "perfect". I get a kick out of that every time.

At first he slept well through the night and I thought we had an "easy baby". Well, that changed a few nights ago. He has on and off nights and I'm not sure what determines which, but I'm wishing now that Nicole (my mother in law who spent the first week with us, while he was sleeping through the night) would come back.

I've gotten a lot closer to Lindsey throughout this whole process too, which has been for lack of better word, AWESOME. I hold our relationship as one of the biggest blessings in my life. Not a lot of couples have the relationship that we do and I am very happy to realize it and appreciate it now.

His Grandpa Sammons (Poky) blessed him with a new ride that my bro will love. You can connect your MP3 player to the onboard speakers and stroll in style. View the picture below. It is truly awesome.

So here's a few more of my favorite pictures recently taken by yours truly.

The Important Things In Life


Me Holding Riley


Nick Will Love His Ride


One Day He'll Play With Me

3 comments:

Super Uncool said...

Yeah, he's pretty hilarious. I think it's great that you have time to write this stuff up since all I can steal is a few minutes to read and comment on stuff these days. :-]

Anonymous said...

Did he chew through the knees in your jeans?

Josh said...

No he has not teeth. He gummed his way through.