Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Easy Favicons

I have a love / hate relationship with favicons. They're cool, but I don't really like making them.

Well. I was astonished to find this site which has a neat little feature that takes any image you upload, resizes it and saves it as "favicon.ico" on their server for you to download. They also make an animated version, saved with a .gif extention. I've never tried putting a .gif as a favicon so I'll have to try that later.

That's all for now, just wanted to share that neat shortcut.

BOOYAH~!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, you can just get a plugin for Photoshop and make it yourself. Its not that difficult. :)

http://www.telegraphics.com.au/sw/

Josh said...

Yes, you're right. I do know. I have that plugin. :o)

But for simple favicons this way is much quicker! If you need to adjust things or make it perfect then bust out Photoshop.

..And I thought you were the shortcut lord...ah well.

Anonymous said...

....next ask me how often I DON'T have Photoshop open in my daily work. :)