Friday, March 17, 2006

UpdateShire

Busy, busy, busy!

First I'll share the thing that's been keeping me out of touch with all my fellow bloggers. Behind Lacrosse went through and is currently airing! The weekly TV schedule is much different than any other schedule I've ever worked in. It's hard. You have 20 things to change/edit and only time enough to really do 10 of them. Go!

It's taking some getting used to but I'm learning to accept a "good" job in exchange for a completely finished show and some sleeping time. That's compared to the alternative (doing an outstanding job and having absolutely no extra time for anything) which I was trying to make work. But it didn't so I'm learning. Not there yet, but trying very hard. Their website is up and running, so check out my bio under the "about us" section.

The Moose Lodge next door to us has been sold. Which is good and bad. Bad because the moose have been partying hard the last couple of months and the dogs haven't gotten much sleep. Which means we haven't gotten much sleep. Which sucks. Good because it is all over now! So they're out and maybe we can get some sleep this weekend. That is if the Mexicans don't feel like working on their newly purchased building at 3am to sunrise anymore. Haha, silly Mexicans.

I've been playing through "Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory" on the co-op mode...By myself. I loved the single player game. When I lived in Crapsburg, PA my buddy Dan told me it was a completely different game on the two player mode since you have to work together to scale walls, etc. So I did it. Alone. It was fun except for the part where I got to the end of the train station level and it just loaded the training again, which was the first thing I had to do in co-op. The story was left hanging and I was a little pissed. Dan said that he had more levels and the story actually ended for him...I successfully beat that stupid level twice and I can't get it to do anything but take me back to the starting point. Grrr.

After that I popped in DOOM3 and tried to kill that damn monster that I couldn't before. I did it on my first try this time so now I have another game to be working through. Shooting games are a great stress reliever, Especially DOOM and Halo. Black looks good too. Maybe Riley and I will work through that. Although it is pretty graphic, so maybe in a decade or two.

Speaking of Riley. The time is coming up faster than I can think. This weekend we're going to start drawing on his walls and painting some fun images with obnoxiously bright colors. Yay! We've been way too blessed with family and friends handing down their old baby stuff to us. The only thing that we don't have is a baby!

Lindsey and I just finished watching the first season of Prison Break. And...I'm hooked on another show. Fortunately I'm all caught up just in time for the second half of this season which starts Monday. Awesome. If you've missed a bunch you should tune in to FX this Sunday from 12-7p. They'll also be showing behind the scenes stuff which I hope to catch.

Oh, I've been playing guitar more lately! That rocks. What doesn't rock is that my best guitar buddy in this area just announced that he's moving to Texas for an undisclosed amount of time. Boo! Not sure if I'll keep it up without an accountability player. Instead I'll have to play with the baby, which I think will be great, but I really want to stay up on my musical talents as well. Maybe I'll play for the baby. Now there's a thought! This Sunday I will be jammin with the guys one last time before Michael leaves us all. I wish it weren't so.

I will leave you all with these links that I have probably already showed everyone who will read this. So it's more for my own archival purposes than anything else. Thanks to whichever one of you showed me these!

Till next month!

1. A Dancing Skeleton
2. The Monkey News
3. Mario Piano

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo Dude! The behind Lacrosse site looks pretty good. I miss playing Halo with you. A lot. You should get X Box Live so I can loose to you through the wonderful world of the internet. I love you. I love lamp. Ok Cheers!

Super Uncool said...

Do you even know what a shire is?! FFs, Babe. You use it for everything.

I love you.