Sunday, August 28, 2005

Abandonment...?

Ever since Lindsey and I moved into our new apartment, we've never seen the people that live adjacent to us in the hallway. I assumed no one was renting there and went on about my business. That is until one day I saw an eviction notice taped to the door. A couple more weeks went by and we noticed a second notice taped on top of the first. Now, I'm not a nosy person by any means but this was very peculiar so I stopped to read that the reason for eviction was due to the failure to pay their rent. We've been here what - four months - and never did see them so I can only assume that they left before then. We started to imagine what might have happened to the renters. "Maybe they got kidnapped and/or killed and they don't have any close realatives or friends - should we call someone?" or "Maybe they were really old and just died inside and no one knows about it yet." All these ideas were bogus and basically resulted from our daily dose of CSI. Anyway, since then, someone (or something (haha, just kidding)) took down the notices and tonight while taking the dogs out the apartment people were clearing out televisions and tables and other belongings left behind. So much for our exciting CSI should've been show stories.

No comments: