Monday, February 06, 2006

Happy Super-Bowl

The best part? Chips & Dip.

This years Superbowl was L.A.M.E. Lame. Mostly the game, only partially the commercials. Naturally, I picked and rooted for the loosing team. (As always.) I expected way more from teams that made it that far. There were a few good plays. Like the one where the steelers guy tried to sneak it in over the line at the last moment after flying through the pile of players having already landing...pfft. Just keep those carrots coming up in that review room guys.

O.K. Enough sports. On with the awards!

In the category of "Best Beer Commercial":
As was expected, Anheuser-Busch had some good spots. I thought the "Hidden Bud Lights" idea was great. The "Magic Fridge" was pretty funny too....haha!

Both commercials cumulatively get three glimmering clipart trophies.



In the category of "Most Excellent Post-Production":
The "Budweiser: Wave" commercial was an excellent concept and very well executed. Three Goldies. I'm really not sure how they pulled off the "Tacoma: Indestructible" spot. If it was CG, then it was amazing. If it it's not, then why wasn't I invited to the car bashing??

On a slightly different playing field, I have to give credit to the "Nissan Murano: Manta Ray" spot as well. A graphical car turning into a ray and back again. Nice. A flock of clipart for all of you.


In the category of "Ridiculous Yet Somehow Funny"
Burger King's "Whopperettes" Holy crap, how long did that take??
One not so glimmery, or shiny and definitely not edible clip-burger.

Thanks for joining us here at the DemonFishShire Bloggery Commercial Awards. We hope to see even one person that cares next year!

And now a word from not my sponsor.

6 comments:

Super Uncool said...

Creative, Babe! Meh, the one time I actually sit down to watch a Super Bowl and it kinda blows. But mom makes some good biscuits!

And the free beer. Can't forget that. I think next year I'll watch the Simpsons instead. :-]

Josh said...

I love you.

Anonymous said...

My favorite was the "Hidden Bud Lights" That was freaking awesome. I don't even drink yet those Bud spots made me want one. Well not really to drink, but just to hold and look kinda cool.

Anonymous said...

the streaking sheep was my fav...

Josh said...

Haha, somehow that makes sense.

Anonymous said...

Impressive. The Toyota Tacoma: Invincible ad was most likely done in CG. Yes, impressive - but then, cars are one of the easiest photorealistic things to do. I'm not saying they're easy, but if you're looking for photorealism, cars are the easiest. :)

http://www.digitaltutors.com/digital_tutors/featured_artist.php?artist=37