Saturday, February 04, 2006

SuperAd Sunday...I Mean Bowl


Anyone who knows me knows that I'm no sports fanatic. Actually that is the first time I've even thought the word since this time last year! The parts of the game I do catch (when the crowd gets loud and something interesting happens) I enjoy. The rest of my time is spent huddled near the food and drink engaged in light conversation. Or if it's the party of someone I don't know well, I stare at the scoreboard graphics until I've recreated them in my minds version of Photoshop (JS2).

But once I hear "We'll be right back after this!" my eyes are glued to that TV. Why? Because I don't want to miss the next 2.4 million dollar ad that's being shown for the only time in history. My thoughts are not only on who had the best commercial of the year, but why it's the best and how they made it to be the best.

A few years ago I wished for a magical place where designers and media gazers such as myself could view such entertainment at will, anytime they wanted. Enter Al Gore. Thanks to him, such a place exists today on the net. *rolls eyes*

I just googled it and found these two sites that seemed to be up on what's going down.

www.superbowl-ads.com is a flash site that has archived all superbowl ads from 1998 to present! It seems to be a little slow so let them load once then play it again from the start and it should work smoothly all the way through.

www.ifilm.com/superbowl is an awesome site. They not only use QuickTime format (my personal preference) but they have a feature that allows you to quickly and easily "snag" your favorite ad and paste the code into your blog or myspace page. You'll be seeing an example of that in a later post!

Either way, these both should be good links to keep handy for "the one" you missed while in the bathroom this year.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite part is the half time show. Can't wait to see who's breasts are exposed this year.

Oh and thank God for chips and dip, eh.

Anonymous said...

If it isn't hockey then chances are I don't like it. But I love 30 second spots, almost as I love http://www.meatspin.com Rock and roll man!

Josh said...

Nobody visit that site...learn from my mistake!

Anonymous said...

HA! HA! HA! I'm seriously in tears over here. Come on dude, Meat Spin rocks!

Anonymous said...

well it rocks as long as you DO NOT view it at work.