Tuesday, November 29, 2005

My Late Thanksgiving Post

Shh. Silence is broken only by the frigid winter breeze as I steady my hand.
Watching. Waiting. Gently I reach for the button, revealing the red. I'm ready. I hear them coming. The first flies by me faster than I antisipated, I shoot. The second follows as I shoot again. Both targets go down.

I would have been a proud storyteller of an actual animal hunt, however my thanksgiving morn involved skeet. Which I think is better. Less waiting, more shooting! My dad, brother, granddad, uncles, and some friends have been skeet shooting every thanksgiving morning since I can remember. We always do horrible but it's a lot of fun nonetheless. Being married over the holidays can be fun, you just have to enjoy travel and be capable eat twice as much (especially over this holiday)!

I also got invited to a party my buddy Danny was having at his place that involved a bunch of people I'd never met. I haven't seen Danny or my brother Nick in a while so i decided to go so I could spend a little time with them. We played poker, ate a delicious meal, way too many deserts, and then capped it off with a lil' Halo 2.
I even got to play (and kill a few times) the #2 Halo-er on Xbox live. wow.

Family, friends, guns, poker, darts, Halo, yeah it was a good one.

No comments: