Friday, September 16, 2005

Insufficient Disk Space to Free Up Disk Space

It's been so busy around work that I've had no time to back up any recent projects off my Fantom Drive. Of course, when it was slow I didn't back up too much either. :-) Anyway, there is a ton of stuff from Marcos, the producer who had this computer before me, lingering on there taking up half the space, then there's mine on the other half. So yes, if you've done your math correctly that equals one whole. One whole Fantom Drive with a whole lotta projects that need to be backed up. It also equals an entire 2GB free on my Fantom! Joy. Now that I just finished a huge project, i can start solving the problem. I opened my first rather large project to back up and had to re-render it since I deleted the render files because I needed the space yesterday to render a DVD Project. So I "Option+R" to start the process to be laid to tape and I think, "wouldn't it be funny if I didn't even have enough disk space to render the file I'm trying to backup?" I stepped away from my computer for only a moment and when I came back my mind had changed. It wasn't funny. (Well it was, but it's also very not) I searched for anything I knew I could delete and trashed enough to re-re-render the project. It's laying to tape now and once I can delete this project the backup process should be well underway. Now if you'll excuse me, it looks like it's going to be a boring day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're excused. But if you think it's going to be THAT boring you should design a kickass header for me to make my job easier. Since I know you want to.