Thursday, September 01, 2005

Nice Mac RSS Aggregator

Ever since Dan started writing about cool things in his blog and inspired me to start my own) I've been half-looking for a good stand-alone RSS Aggregator to view his among other blogs and news feeds. Well last week we buckled down and finaly found one. NetNewsWire. To quote the website: It's an easy-to-use RSS and Atom newsreader for Mac OS X. It has a familiar three-paned interface (similar to Apple Mail) which can fetch and display news from thousands of different websites and weblogs, making it quick and easy to keep up with the latest news. I love it because you don't have to launch a browser and hit all the different blogs or news sites. Many news sources send out RSS feeds in shorter headline only forms which is nice for short-attention-spanned people such as myself. A downside to NetNewsWire is that you cannot view comments on blogs without clicking the article link which opens the actual URL in a built-in browser type window. Nonetheless, It still has my seal of pretty-good-ness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

By the way, my website isn't "http://demonshire.blogspot.com/2005/09/daniel.lefebvre.us"

Josh said...

Whoops! Left out the http:// Is that better?